Wednesday 26 December 2012

Research in game genre

We had to choose a game genre and do some research into it, in order to find 12 objects that I would like to model for my project. I have chosen Disney/Pixar animation because I really like the cartoon type games such as Rayman Raving Rabbids on Wii, or any other animation based games. I am quite passionate about cartoons and animations, so I have chosen a few characters and some objects that I intend to study and try to reproduce. Here are some examples:


I really liked the different facial expressions that can be achieved from a very simple pumpkin shape, so I think one of my models will be a pumpkin, seeing that I have included pumpkins in my Environment concept art piece as well, and I would like to tie everything in.


This is another example of a strong emotion created with very simple techniques: oversized mouth with a creepy smile while the dark circles around the eyes imply the same creepy character, strange hairstyle, and voila, you seem to know a lot about this character without seeing the film. (it is from Nightmare before Christmas)


Here is an example of a funny friendly character from Monsters Inc. Even though it has only one eye and it should probably scare you, the facial expression makes him really friendly. He has got a big smile on his face, so he looks like a really opened, happy, innocent character



No comments:

Post a Comment